Marble Arch


It was built in 1828 as the chief entrance to Buckingham Palace, but when the Palace was extended in 1851, the Arch was moved to its current site as an entrance to Hyde Park. By tradition, only senior members of the Royal family, the King’s Troop and the Royal Horse Artillery are allowed to ride or drive through the Arch.